Every now and then we like to flag posts from other GDS blogs (and maybe further afield) that we think you might be interested in:
- The GOV.UK team recently began publishing incident reports. Here's one on a spate of 504 Gateway timeouts in publishing applications.
- The GOV.UK Verify team are now publishing regular "technical delivery updates". It's a great way to keep track of their progress (and understand what you'd get to work on if you joined the team...)
- GOV.UK Verify also blogged about managing fraud and information security risk.
- Good developer documentation is something we all want, but far too rarely invest in. Rosalie Marshall's written on the Government as a Platform blog about our efforts to understand and develop best practice for documentation.
- The team at DVSA moved the new MOT system between cloud vendors under the pressure of some really tough deadlines. The Government Technology blog has a guest post about how automation and testing helped tham through that.
- David and Tatiana from the GOV.UK team talk about "how spike week helped us see the wood for the trees"
If this sounds like a good place to work, take a look at Working for GDS - we're usually in search of talented people to come and join the team.